ESTA – ELECTRONIC SYSTEM FOR TRAVEL AUTHORIZATION TO USA
IMPORTANT FACTS ABOUT ESTA:
- ESTA only applies to travelers arriving by the United States by boat or plane under the Visa Waiver program.
- Only residents from the 39 Visa Waiver countries can apply for a travel authorization.
- Should you travel through the United States, you must also have a valid travel authorization.
- First of all, you can only apply via the Internet – as opposed to a visa issued only after personal attendance in a US embassy.
- An approved authorization is usually valid for up to two years after approval.
- Electronic system for travel authorization is not a visa – it is a travel authorization.
- Without a valid travel authorization authority, you will be refused check-in.
- If your authorization application is rejected, you must apply for a B-1 Business Visa or B-2 Tourist Visa (this may take a few months and maybe granted).
WHAT YOU NEED TO APPLY FOR ESTA::
- A valid passport from a Visa Waiver Program country.
- A valid credit card (MasterCard, VISA, American Express, and Discover) (JCB, Diners Club) or PayPal to pay.
- Your contact information.
- Your most recent employment information, if applicable.
- The estimated registration time is eight to twelve minutes